Thursday, December 18, 2008

Welcome to me: some thoughts on blogging

I read a lot of blogs.

Some I find to be inspired, some are pretty droll; some are written by people I know well and consider friends, some are written by acquaintances or complete strangers. But I read so many that it has started to feel a little one sided. Or perhaps voyeuristic is the better term. I have absorbed so much of the minutia of other people's lives that it hardly seems fair not to share some of my own. It is The Internets, after all.

One of the things that I really appreciate about the blogosphere, and one of the reasons I find it so fascinating, is that it is one of the much ballyhooed, but rare-as-unicorns ways in which I find technology actually does bring people together and create community.

What I'll be doing here is largely talking about Me Me Beautiful Me because, hey, it's The Internets. Apart from that I hope to share the ups and downs of my life as a bike racer, graduate student, parent of a 10-year-old, and citizen of the Universe.

Looking forward to sharing my thoughts and adventures.

Cheers,

-n

No comments:

Post a Comment